Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Wanting to Die

Well I actually made it to the gym today which in and of itself, is a huge victory for me. On the flip side, reality became blatantly obvious. Now I knew how deep of a hole I've dug for myself and how out of shape I was but today at Snap, it reared it's ugly head.

I did some light weights working upper body and core for a solid 20 or 30 minutes. I followed that up with 5 minutes on the elliptical and 5 minutes on the treadmill. Good news is I still have most of my strength or so I think. Bad news is I need a bra for surely and am severely out shape endurance wise. Christ, my quads were screaming 3 minutes into the elliptical on the easiest level. Then topped it off on the treadmill where I couldn't even go a full 5 minutes at 5.0 mph. I had to break it up into two two and a half minute intervals.

Needless to say, I was quite disappointed in myself afterwards but again, huge victory for me in just getting there. Looking forward to going back again tomorrow.

Also on the positive side, I've already stopped my nasty sweating habit. During the meltdown, I've been sweating like a damn pig when doing zero activity....PIT-OUT! It was all due to the food and crap I kept stuffing to the brim in my system. Two days of eating much more sensibly and one minor workout under my belt, problem solved, no more sweating. Funny how that works.

Here's to a good night of sleep and a new day!

No comments: