Monday, January 28, 2008

Second Spark

So of course my alarm went off this morning bright and early at 4:00am sharp. Do you think I got out of bed? Hell no, I snoozed it for a good hour and half and skipped my workout....yet again.

So here I sit at work. On the plus side, I've been eating really well today and plan to throughout, sans a few beers at bowling tonight.

In the meantime, I canceled my Lifetime membership about a month ago. As much as I loved that place, I hated it. The "executive" one downtown was $130 a month after all was said and done. Are you kidding me? When I was doing two a days, I really didn't mind paying that. Also consider the location was literally across the street from my building where I work. Now consider I've just pissed away how ever much money the past 5 months NOT working out at all. That is not a good feeling. Nor is it financially smart. But I finally quit which my membership runs out in like 3 days.

Reflecting back on these past few months I've realized that part of the reason I was so reluctant to workout, especially lately, is because of how self conscious I've become being how out of shape I now am complete with pear shape physique. Good riddance to you Lifetime.

On the flip side, I did join a gym this morning called Snap Fitness. This is of those strip mall chains that you see popping up everywhere. Luckily one opened up downtown and is about a 4 minute walk from my office which is perfect. It's also, get this, after insurance kicks in, only $20 a month. You can't beat that if you ask me. Plus, it has everything I need to workout and if you go at the right times (not over the noon hour) it's completely dead. So yah, I signed up for that today and felt invigorated while walking back to work. I was a bit upset that I hadn't packed a bag today otherwise I would have stayed and worked out.

So, here's to tomorrow and my first day at Snap Fitness.

No comments: